As a member of an International coalition of healthcare practitioners, which include allopathic medicine, tcm, ayurveda, and homeopathic doctors and practitioners diligently working on prevention and treatment of Coronavirus (Covid19), we are seeing a number of common symptoms and the progression of this disease is becoming more clear.
Review of over 55,000 of the current rapidly increasing worldwide cases have provided us with much information about this virus.
In a nutshell, here are the bullet points:
- Upwards of 85% of cases begin with a fever.
- A dry cough develops soon after in more than 75% of cases.
- Note that for some, symptoms begin with feeling run down, and then the fever develops.
- For around 80% of total cases, the symptoms are rather mild (annoying, but not life threatening). People in this group will recover in about 2 weeks.
- Of the other 20%, about 16% have their symptoms progress to difficulty in breathing, shortness of breath, airway/lung inflammation, painful, hacking dry cough with very little mucus.
- And the remaining 3-4% end up with severe lung inflammation, pneumonia, respiratory distress, and need specialized medical care, including icu with intubation. This group is at highest risk of death.
- The Coronavirus seems to affect the right lung more often and more severely than the left lung.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors are saying this disease is presenting as cold damp in the lungs.
- Symptoms can be very mild, and then ramp up very quickly into pneumonia in some cases. So it’s very important to monitor yourself and loved ones carefully.
- The elderly and those over 60 years of age are at higher risk than kids and the young people.
- This virus spreads more easily and can stay active on surfaces at least as long as SARS, though it’s not as deadly as SARS.
- There are a number of virologists saying that as temperatures and humidity increase this virus will die off, at least until next fall/winter. Let’s hope this proves true.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is for informational purposes only. Always, always, always consult your doctor for any health issue, and follow their guidance. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. SANDY SCHELL / BODY WISDOM CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.